not a care in the world

not a care in the world

Friday, November 28, 2008

How was your Thanksgiving Dinner???







Where were you for Thanksgiving??? Did you have somewhere to go???
Now I'm pretty sure you were able to stuff yourself to the point you got sick, right??? Well what about those who yea might have somewhere to live but don't have enough money to go and buy a good Thanksgiving dinner, or maybe they don't have any family to go to for the holiday... While you were sitting in a nice cozy place with friends and family, they were sitting by themselves contemplating weather they should have spaghettios or chicken noodle soup... Now for this thanksgiving my apartment building served 17 plates to those that didn't have anywhere to go... we had such a good turnout... so many people brought in extra food to help make the plates fuller, and we even had a delivery person who took the plates door to door.... now one of my other tenants who used to be a chef went to both homeless shelters here in town... and he helped had out food..... my mom makes hats for the Morning Star Mission Shelter, so that way we know that they'll be warm.... And a couple of my other tenants helped out at some churches....
So my question to you is did you actually help those less fortunate??? Or did you just make your annual donation??? Did you know it actually helps people a lot more if you go in in person and show your face and give out a smile or to once in a while???
So I'm asking of you for the next holiday coming up try to be a little more giving and more personable..... Your love will go a long way...

2 comments:

WhatIfWeAllCared? said...

You are SO right! I walked into the office with my humble little homespun knitted stocking caps and watched the face of the guy at the desk light up... you'd have thought I'd handed him gold! I wish I'd had more than 6-7 finished... and more colors of yarn to choose from... they don't care how little it is we bring... just that we come in person and give of ourselves...

Anonymous said...

OK...you inspired me. I called the Food Bank to see if our family could volunteer. They are open one Saturday a month and do take volunteers. If it all works out, we will go in Jan.
Signed "at home they call me mommy"